Bristol Girls Little League Softball Incorporated (BGLLS) is formed to provide an organized and structured program of softball for the girls (ages 5-18) of Bristol, Connecticut and the surrounding communities, in a fun and positive atmosphere.
GOAL- The Coach Pitch (AA) Division continues to stress the fundamentals of softball and allow players to experience the value of teamwork. Players will learn to bat from an adult or player pitched ball. Training will focus on proper throwing, catching, fielding and base running techniques.
AGE GROUP– League Age 7 to 9 years old. In addition, players that have participated for one regular season in the Tee Ball Division are eligible to be selected to a Minor League Division team at the league’s discretion. SCHEDULE– Spring Training – April, once per week.
Games – April through June
Clinics – To be announced
All Star Game – To be announced
LOCATIONS - Coach Pitch (AA) Division games are played at various Bristol town fields.
Practices may be conducted at various Bristol town fields.
- The official game ball is the Little League authorized 11” softball.
BATTERS AND RUNNERS (OFFENSE)
- The batting order includes all players present and ready to play.
- A team will remain at bat until three outs have been recorded.
- Teams will use ten (10) available players on defense.
- Coaches are encouraged to substitute players to ensure learning and fair distribution of playing time.
- Instruction being the primary objective, we encourage all defensive players to make an attempt to finish the play. Infielders are directed to throw caught balls to the proper base, outfielders are directed to throw caught balls to the proper cut-off infielder.
- Skill and fun type clinics are offered throughout the season by veteran coaches/board members to further improve the player’s skills and enjoyment of the game.